Monday, February 8, 2010

Is that all they got? (Tebow ad brouhaha)

In response to the Tim Tebow ad during the Super Bowl, one group found something, uh... a bit strange to get up in arms about?
The Women's Media Center, which had objected to Focus on the Family advertising in the Super Bowl, said it was expecting a "benign" ad but not the humor. But the group's president, Jehmu Greene, said the tackle showed an undercurrent of violence against women. (Source CBS Sports)
Are you kidding me? So, the ad wasn't as overtly pro-life as they expected, so all of a sudden, the Women's Media Center found themselves without a controversy to spout off on.

I thought the ad was perfect, by the way. I don't think the Super Bowl was neccesarily the place to bludgeon the pro-life message, but the ad made a good starting point for someone to consider the miracle of life. I understand that there is some criticism from the pro-life side for the ad being a weak message. I understand that, but I think it was meant to simply plant a seed of the full message in the audience, so in my opinion, it was a great start.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wonder if they said anything about the tackle on Betty White in the Snickers ad...that was more than an undercurrent...and she's elderly!
http://superbowlads.fanhouse.com/2010/snickers-betty-white/