Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not much to say

Haven't blogged in a while... in a little funk about the last few weeks...

Well, stimulus is upon us. I don't think that there was much doubt it was going to happen. Thanks to those GOP House members who stayed united to oppose this bad bill. Thanks to the 7 Democrats who did the right thing, especially Minnesota's own Rep. Colin Peterson (MN 7th). Thanks the those GOP Senators who stayed opposed as well, I wish I could say the same for Sen. Collins, Snowe, and Specter.

Make no mistake, this is a bad bill. We are embarking on an spending spree not seen since World War II. We have no way to pay for it. My kids and grandchildren will be paying for it, much like we are still paying for FDR's New Deal today. Democrats who were critical (rightfully so) of expanding deficits under President Bush are proposing deficits 3 or 4 or more TIMES the worst of President Bush's deficits.

We'll see how this pans out, I guess. And, that's all I gotta say 'bout that...

No comments: